Topics in 2 Unit Mathematics
DETAILS8, 15, 22, 29 Mar 2017
This 4-session course is designed for teachers with little or no past experience in teaching Stage 6 Mathematics 2 Unit. You cannot register for individual sessions.
Experienced teachers who are seeking new ways to refresh their teaching of the Mathematics 2 Unit content will also find the course valuable.
The sessions will focus on the following syllabus topics:
- Real Functions and the Parabola
- Introducing Calculus
- Introducing the Logarithmic, Exponential and Trigonometric Functions
The course will include:
- comprehensive coverage of the syllabus content
- teaching and learning strategies appropriate for the development of deep understanding
- a focus on pre-requisite knowledge and areas where students typically experience difficulties
- practical examples of how ICT can be used to enhance student learning
Participants will be invited to join a wiki through which they will collaborate, share ideas and resources and discuss issues relevant to the teaching of the topic under consideration.
Some use of computer technology will be included, so please bring your tablet or lap-top and charger.
This professional learning activity is offered by video-conferencing for participants outside of Sydney and also via a face-to-face session at the venue.
Video-conferencing is through the DoE connected classroom network. Teachers in non-government schools who would like to attend by video-conference are encouraged to approach colleagues in their local DoE school to arrange access to the network.
Completing each session of Topics in 2 Unit Mathematics will contribute 2 hours and 30 minutes of QTC Registered PD addressing 2.1.2; 2.6.2; 6.2.2; 6.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Back to Events